What to Do When Gmail Is Not Syncing?
Sometimes when we try to send or receive an email the Gmail does not respond to that. This can be due to Gmail syncing problems with our android phone. It is also very difficult to find out what the problem actually is. So will know that Email Stopped Syncing on Android when you are facing the following issues:
- Mail cannot be sent and stuck in the outbox.
- Not receiving emails from expected recipients.
- Emails in the inbox not opening.
- Your account will be showing “Account not synced error”.
In order to Fix Gmail not syncing on android, you can follow these troubleshooting steps.
Step-1 Update the App and Restart
The syncing problem can arise due to the outdated version of the Gmail app. Outdated settings of the application sometimes do not support syncing with the latest version of the android. Therefore, first, you should update the app to the latest version available.
After updating the Gmail app, restart the device so as to get the latest functionalities of the app to work.
Step-2 Check Phone Settings
In order to Fix Gmail not syncing on android
, you need to check on some of your phone settings.
- Make sure you have a steady internet connection and your phone data connection is turned on.
- Check if your phone is on Airplane Mode, if so, turn it off. Syncing does not work while airplane mode is on.
- Ensure that Gmail Sync is turned on. You can check it by visiting the settings > click on your account > Ensure that the “Sync Gmail” box is checked.
- Enable your phone’s “Automatically Sync Data” option by visiting the phone settings > Users and Accounts.
Step-3 Storage Clearance
You will face the problem of Email Stopped Syncing on Android when your device is running out of storage space. As there will be not sufficient space to store the data, the data syncing won’t work. You can free up space by removing unnecessary applications and files, clearing cache files, and deleting the downloaded files and media that are not used.
Step- 4 Clear Up Gmail
You can also fix the syncing problem by clearing the Gmail. However, you should note that doing so can delete all your emails and drafts and other things stored in the email.
- Open your phone’s settings.
- Open the option of “Apps & Notifications” and go to the “App Info”.
- Select the “Gmail” app and go to its storage.
- Click on “Clear Data” and confirm it by clicking “Ok”.
- Finally, restart your phone.
Also Read - https://educatorpages.com/site/Onlinegeeks/pages/how-do-i-fix-gmail-not-syncing?
Get Maximum Result To Your Post - Share To All