QuickBooks supports lots of features and integration like mailing services that help you to share your file easily. You can integrate your Gmail account with Quickbooks to share your files with other users. You can integrate your Gmail account with QuickBooks Desktop also. But sometimes due to some reasons, Gmail is not working in your QuickBooks accounting software.
This is not a big problem and due to this you have not lost any data from your company file but this can affect your workflow. Don’t worry we will help you fix QuickBooks Gmail not working problem and after that, you can send mail directly from QuickBooks.
Read More: QuickBooks Support
Why QuickBooks Gmail Not Working
Sometimes when you want to use your Google account from QuickBooks, you encounter an error ‘Stopped on a sign-in attempt from Gmail’ message. This message comes due to this app not meeting modern security standards by QuickBooks.
You need to fix that error as soon as possible because the security of your Google account is at risk. However, you do not have to worry as this is not a serious concern as Google is only trying to tell you that QuickBooks is trying to access your Gmail access but has failed.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Gmail Not Working Problem
Steps to resolve the Gmail not working with QuickBooks issue are as given below:
- Open any browser in your system like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to gmail.com and then sign in with your Gmail ID and password.
- Now go to the My Account section and then select Connected apps & sites.
- From the Apps connected to your account section, locate Intuit QuickBooks. Instead of Intuit QuickBooks, you will have to add QuickBooks Online to connect the QuickBooks software with Gmail. Hence ignore this.
- Turn on Allow Third-party apps
- Go back to Gmail in QuickBooks and try to send an invoice by attaching it in your mail.
- Turn off the 2-step verification so that you don’t have to verify your account every time you log into your Google account from QuickBooks.
The above-given steps should help you in resolving the QuickBooks Gmail not working issue. However, this problem can also be resolved by allowing a new device or app to access your Gmail account.
How to integrate your Gmail Account to QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Edit > Preferences.
- Select Send Forms and then click on My Preferences.
- Now, choose Webmail and then click on the Add
- You will get a new dialogue box on your screen. You have to enter your Gmail ID and then select Gmail from the ‘Email Provider’ section. QuickBooks will now automatically fill the SMTP Server information.
- Now, click on OK to complete the process of adding a Gmail account in your Email IDs list.
- QuickBooks Database Server manager