Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, ‘Pyrogen Testing Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027’. According to the report, the global Pyrogen Testing market was valued at US$ 742.0 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 12.2% from 2019 to 2027.
- Pyrogens are substances that cause fever, post administration of an injection. Increase in body temperature and body ache are prominent reactions caused due to injection of harmful pyrogens into the body
- Pyrogen testing determines the presence of endotoxin substances. The test has become important for analysis of fever-inducing substances in parenteral drugs
- Monocyte activation test (MAT), LAL test and rabbit pyrogen test are various types of pyrogen tests.
- Limulus amebocyte lysate (LAL) test is used to measure the concentration of endotoxins of gram-negative bacteria
- Rabbit pyrogen test is an alternative assay for detection of endotoxin and involves injection of a small amount of batched test material into a rabbit’s blood stream
Planning To Lay Down Future Strategy? Request Brochure Of Pyrogen Testing Market
- North America dominated the global pyrogen testing market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. New drug approvals by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and increase in demand for pyrogen testing for medical devices are expected to drive the pyrogen testing market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for pyrogen testing and it is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period
Promising Product Pipeline and Increasing Drug Approvals to Drive Market
- Key drivers of the growth of pyrogen testing market is promising products under research pipeline and recent product approvals for regulatory authorities such as FDA
- Increase in number of market players engaged in development of promising technologies & methods, enabling the launch of new products in future, is expected to drive the growth of the market