Protective Clothing Market size was USD 12.48 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 34.31 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period.
The global protective clothing market size is anticipated to be driven by the rising government norms worldwide to maintain workplace safety, especially in the manufacturing, food processing, construction, healthcare, and chemical industries. Also, the increasing cases of accidental injuries and mortalities would affect the market positively.
Drivers & Restraints:
The Effects of Covid-19 Pandemic on the Market
- In the healthcare environment, there is a rising demand for protective clothing to prevent contamination from various sources.
- Healthcare workers are persistently working to control the rate of infection by correctly disposing and laundering the clothing.
- The demand for surgical gowns, coveralls, and isolation gowns has upsurged rapidly from the healthcare sector to prevent the transmission of microorganisms through blood or bodily fluids in themselves, as well as the patients.
Rising Usage of Protective Clothing to Prevent Injuries will Drive the Chemicals Segment
Based on end use, the market is fragmented into oil & gas, firefighters, chemical, pharmaceutical, and others. Amongst these, the chemical segment is expected to procure the largest share owing to the increasing usage of protective clothing in the chemical industry for preventing injuries caused by hazardous chemicals, such as cleaning agents, degreasers, and paints. Besides, workers in several industries are nowadays exposed to various types of toxic chemicals. The oil & gas segment, on the other hand, held 13.5% protective clothing market share in 2019.
Browse Detailed Summary of This Research Report with Tables and Figures: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/protective-clothing-market-102707
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out the names of all the organizations present in the global market. They are as follows:
- Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.)
- Lakeland Inc. (U.S.)
- L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (U.S.)
- PBI Performance Products, Inc. (U.S.)
- TenCate Protective Fabrics (U.S.)
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (U.S.)
- Ansell Microgard Ltd. (U.K.)
- DuPont (U.S.)
- Bennett Safetywear Ltd. (U.K.)
- TEIJIN LIMITED (Japan)
- Udyogi (India)
- Sanctum Work Wear Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Derekduck Industries Corp. (Taiwan)
- Protective Industrial Products (PIP) (U.S.)
- Other prominent companies
North America to Dominate Fueled by Strict Laws by OSHA Regarding Workers’ Safety
The market is regionally categorized into the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America. Out of these, North America procured USD 4,677.9 million revenue in 2019. It is set to dominate throughout the forecast period. This growth is attributable to the rising number of stringent norms put forward by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure workers’ safety. The organization has formed certain safety standards associated with industrial disasters, such as manufacturing machinery failures, fires, and others. Asia Pacific would grow rapidly backed by the rising rates of occupational accidents in the developing countries, such as South Korea, India, and China.