With Linksys Extender Setup, you can repeat the WIFi signals of any router or access point to provide the High-speed uninterrupted internet connectivity. Below, we are sharing the steps through which you can configure your Wireless N-Range extender manually.
Before you start with the setup process, make sure that you know:
• Wireless Network Name (SSID) .
• Wireless Channel.
You need to reset the extender. For this, press and hold the reset button present at the top panel of Linksys range extender for about 5 seconds or until the LED light blinks to restore the extender to its default settings.
Here are the steps to follow:
• Connect your system to the Ethernet port of your Extender with the help of Ethernet Cable.
• Plugin your WIFI range extender to the power outlet.
• Open the web browser and enter the IP address of the router or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
• Now, you will be prompted to enter the username and password. Just leave the Username field blank and enter ‘admin’ in the password field. Click to Login.
• Click Wireless>> Basic Wireless Settings.
• Set your Radio Button to Manual and enter the Network name (SSID) of your router.
• On Wireless Security Section, choose ‘Security Settings’ which matches the configuration of your router. Here, you need to enter the WEP Key or Passphrase and after that click to save the settings.
• Unplug the Power Cables of router and range extender for 1 minute, and then first plugin router. Wait until the lights get stable and then plugin the extender.
Your linksys extender setup re6300 is now complete. The process is quite simple and easy but if you have any confusion, you can contact the experts and seek their advice to complete the setup process successfully.