Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code 6000 82 and unable to tackle with it? QuickBooks users might often face this error while trying to launch the company file. This error restricts the user to access the company file on any other system. Also, this error appears in multiple situations. It comes up with an error message stating as:
“QuickBooks error 6000 82: An error happened when attempting to open the document or an error happened when QuickBooks users attempt to access organization record.”
Causes of QuickBooks error 6000 82
QuickBooks error code 6000 82 appears due to damaged or corrupted files in QuickBooks. This shows that the QuickBooks file cannot be located on another system in the network. This might also appear if the data source name is damaged. It can also be seen if the software installed is encrypted.
How to fix this QuickBooks error 6000, 82?
Here we have listed a few of the solutions that could work in your favour to fix the QuickBooks error 6000 82.
Solution 1: Deleting the spaces from the company name
The very first option is to remove the spaces from the company name. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to log out from the QuickBooks account
- And then open the folder in which the company file is located
- Also, right click on the company file
- And then click on rename
- Followed by removing all the spaces from the company name and the file extension
- The last step is to try to open or create a new company file
Solution 2: For multiple user access, switch to hosting local and remote files mode
- In this method, the user needs to open QuickBooks and then press F2 key. This will open up the product information window
- After that, the user needs to set hosting to local files only and then under the local server information at the bottom window
- Followed by visiting the files and switching to multiple-user mode
- And then open the company files on a network system and press F2 to open the product information window
- The last step is to verify that under the local server information, hosting is set to local files only
Solution 3: Run the Quick Fix my Program tool on the client/server computer
- Firstly you have to download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub on the client computer.
- After that open the tool hub program
- Now in the QuickBooks Tools Hub program you need to choose the Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
These methods if implemented properly can work great to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000, 82. If these solutions aren’t sufficient to fix the error for you, then you can simply get in touch with a certified accounting professional. You can ring up to our QuickBooks enterprise technical support number i.e. 1-888-291-2294, and let our experts fix the error on your behalf.