Comcast netmail is one of the most prominent and used mail platforms across the globe. Although it is majorly known for its internet services, its email services are also deemed to be quite “brilliant”. In today’s blog, we are going to discuss the process that will help you to get through your Comcast email login with ease. Before we begin, it is advisable to not access your email address via third-party clients as it exposes your account to potential risks.
Use these Comcast email settings to set up your mail.
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- If the Mail Client lets you select an authentication method, choose STARTTLS.
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- Encryption: TLS
- Authentication: Type in your Comcast username and password
Which is better, IMAP or POP
IMAP and POP are two different ways to set up your mail in an email program. It is advisable for the users to use IMAP for your Comcast mail. POP causes problems when your mail is being checked on more than one device as it removes the mail from the server and delivers it to your device. On the other hand, IMAP makes it easier to sync the mail on different devices as the mail remains on the server until you delete them with your device. The changes you make on one device are reflected on other devices.