When your system encounters the HP Printer validation failed
it states that either device carriage is unable to move freely or there is something wrong with the printer. There are several ways to troubleshoot the problem, to begin the troubleshooting process you can simply go for the device reset by unplugging the power supply. In this post, we are sharing the simple step-by-step guidelines that can help you to troubleshoot the HP Printer validation failed error. So read on and follow the simple steps to complete the task.
HP Printer Validation Failed: Troubleshooting Steps to Follow:
Ink System Failure
If the printer control panel is showing an alphanumeric error code then it is the indication of ink system failure. You can follow the below-mentioned steps if you see the printer validation error message appearing on the screen:
Driver Uninstall and Reinstallation
- Check the complete list of course visiting the HP official website. To fix the problem, the first and the most important thing you need to take care of is that you use the original ink cartridge from the HP manufacturer.
- Make sure that you purchase all the replacement cartridges from the HP Store.
- After replacing the cartridges, your printer validation error will be fixed
To fix the HP validation Validation failed
error on your device, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling of HP printer drivers from the root level. To install the latest printer drivers available you can visit the HP official website. All you need is to enter the product number in the provided field and select the correct operating system to begin the installation. When you do this, the prompt will appear on your screen asking you to connect the printer to your computer. You can proceed with the onscreen guidelines and complete the task.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool
If none of the above steps helps you to troubleshoot the problem, you can run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool for identifying the issue and fix it automatically. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- To use the tool, visit HP official website and download 'HPPSdr.exe' on your device.
- The icon will appear on your computer.
- Run the tool and click on the start button. Now choose your printer name and follow the instructions mentioned by the HP print and scan doctor tool.
- Troubleshooting of the issues depends upon the discovery. Also, the green checkmark indicates if the printer passes the test.
- If any problem has been discovered and troubleshoot it, a wrench icon appears.
- If any test fails or skipped, the exclamation mark appears within a yellow Triangle.
- If your device has an ongoing issue, then a red X mark appears- this also means that you have to find the problem and fix it.
- Allow the tool to help you with the instructions.