Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) Market size is forecast to reach $22.50 billion by 2025, after growing at a CAGR of 9.41% during 2020-2025, owing to the increasing adoption of carbon fiber reinforced plastics over conventional metallic alloys in various end use industries such as automotive, aerospace, wind energy, and others. This is mainly due to tensile strength carried by CFRP, which falls between 1500 and 3500 MPa, whereas its metallic counterparts such as aluminum and steel only possess tensile strength of 450–600 MPa and 750–1500 MPa, respectively. Growing demand from the aerospace industry and a rising preference for fuel efficient and light-weight vehicles are the major factors driving the carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) market during the forecast period.
- Europe dominates the carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) market, owing to the increasing demand and production of lightweight vehicles in the region. According to OICA, in 2018 the production of light commercial vehicles has increased by 2.5 % in Europe.
- The carbon fiber reinforced plastics are being widely used to manufacture sport equipment such as golf shafts, bicycles, skis, surfboards, helmets, racquets, hockey sticks, baseball bats and several other products. Its low maintenance cost and corrosion resistance properties are the major factor driving the market in the sports sector.
- The properties associated with CFRP such as good conductivity, flame resistance, high strength and vibration damping has facilitated their inclusion in several electrical and electronic products such as household appliances, audio systems, enclosures, electrical installations, interconnects, brushes and EMI shielding.
- The X-Ray permeability, biological inertness coupled with high strength has paved the way for CFRP applications in Medical sector. Imaging equipment, orthopedics and surgical outfits are some of the common medical devices that employ CFRP.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic most of the countries has gone under lockdown, due to which operations of various industries such as automotive, defense, and aerospace has been negatively affected, which is hampering the carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) market growth.
Request for Sample of the Report @ https://www.industryarc.com/pdfdownload.php?id=11646
Drivers – Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Market
- Growing Wind Power Sector
- Stringent Government Regulation on Emission
Major players in the carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) market are SGL Carbon SE, Teijin Ltd., Toray Industries Inc., Cytec Industries Inc., Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd., Farmosa Plastics Corporation, Nippon Carbon Co. Ltd., DowAksa Advanced Composites Holdings BV, Hexcel Corporation, and Hyosung Advanced Materials.
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.